Favorite Things Self-Portraits
- Paint pictures expressing ideas about their neighborhood.
- Discuss their work and the work of others with constructive feedback.
This art lesson corresponds to California Visual and Performing Arts Standards:
- 2.2 Demonstrate beginning skills in the use of materials (such as pencils, paints, crayons, clay) to create works of art.
- 2.4 Create a self-portrait.
- 2.5 Create a picture of a person.
- Tell students that today we will be making self-portraits.
- Discuss portraits and **self-portraits **and why an artist might make one.