Flip Book Animation
- Students will explore the concept of animation by creating a sequence of images that, when put together into a flip book, will show a figure that moves.
- Write the word "animation" on the board. Read the word together with your students and ask them what they know about animation.
- Explain that to animate something means to make it come alive.
- Ask students, "Have you ever drawn a picture and then made it come alive?"
- Show students an example of a flip book, such as A Kitten's Way of Greeting.
- Announce that the class will be learning animation by creating flip books.