Fruity Fun with Numbers!
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Dinosaur Counting pre-lesson.
The students will be able to count objects and write up to 10. The students will also be able to use one-to-one correspondence to find total numbers.
- Begin by introducing the students to the song We Count Our Fruits and sing it to the tune of Mary Had a Little Lamb. Display the song somewhere the entire class will be able to see it.
- Have students join along in singing along with the song.
- Sing the song aloud and have students learn the song by echo singing each line after you.
- Ask the class to think of fruits that they like to eat, provide visuals of fruits and have students give a thumbs up or thumbs down if they like the fruit.
- Provide visuals of numbers 1-10 for students to refer to during the song.
- Ask students to turn and talk to share a fruit they like to eat with a partner.
- Post numbers 1–10 for students to refer to during the song.