Handy Sight Words
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Learning New Sight Words pre-lesson.
Students will become familiar with new sight words.
- Begin a clapping rhythm, and have the students echo your clap.
- Change the rhythm several times, asking students to echo the claps each time.
- Tell the students that today, they will be using their hands to learn about some new sight words.
- Hold up some of the sight word cards.
- Provide students with visual representations of the sight words being used in the lesson.
- Provide students with sight words in their home language (L1) and in English.
- Provide students with their own copies of the sight word cards.