Heroes in Our Community
- Students will be able to write at least two sentences about their favorite hero using the information learned during the lesson.
- Introduce the topic by asking some questions, such as: What is a hero? What is a community?
- Write down the class answers on a large sheet of butcher paper or whiteboard.
- Define hero as a person who is admired for their bravery, and they way they help others. Ask the class to call out some heroes.
- Define community as a neighborhood where people work and live.
- Tell the class that community heroes are people who help keep us safe, healthy, and happy in our neighborhood.