How Much Does It Weigh?
Need extra help for EL students? Try the What's the Weight? pre-lesson.
Students will be able to classify objects as heavy or light.
- Gather students together for the lesson.
- Hold up two objects (a feather and a rock) and ask students if they know which is heavier and which is lighter.
- Pass the objects around the class and have students share out their ideas (e.g. the feather is lighter than the rock because I can feel it, etc.).
- Explain that today they will be learning all about comparing objects to see which is heavier and which is lighter.
- Have students point to the object they think is heavier.
- Tell students to turn and talk to a partner to share which they think is heavier.