Kindness Goes a Long Way
Students will be able to discuss what it means to be kind and will perform random acts of kindness in groups.
- Share a story of a kind deed someone once did for you and how that made you feel. Then share a story of a kind deed you did for someone else and how that made you feel.
- Ask students to share in pairs when they experienced both the giving and receiving of a kind deed.
- Have a few students share out with the whole class.
- Build on student answers and make connections with their comments.
- Now ask students to reflect on why it is important to engage in kind acts. Take a few comments from the class and share that today the class will be focused on acts of kindness.