Learning About Black Visionaries
- Students will be able to compose opinion pieces.
- Students will be able to conduct research on a black visionary using books and online resources.
- Gather the students together in a group.
- Explain to the students that today, they will begin research on an important black person who has helped to make the world a better place.
- Ask the students to turn and talk to a partner, explaining what research means.
- Allow students to share their ideas. Clarify that when we research something, we learn more about it using resources, like books, articles, and videos.