Love Lists for Valentine's Day
Students will be able to use invented spelling to create a list poem for Valentine's Day.
- Tell students that every February we celebrate Valentine's Day by giving cards and gifts, such as candy and flowers, to those we love.
- Explain to students that one of the biggest Valentine's Day traditions is to write a Valentine's Day card.
- Ask students to raise their hands if they have ever written a Valentine's Day card. Ask them to share what kinds of things they drew and/or wrote about in their cards. Who did they give them to?
- Explain to students that today they will be making a Valentine's Day card for someone they love.
- Tell students that inside the card they are going to write a list of 10 things they love about the person they are giving the card to.