Need extra help for EL students? Try the Beach Counting to Ten and How Many Fish in the Ocean? pre-lessons.
- Students will be able to understand the math concept that a given number of objects can be assigned only one number.
- Gather students together and tell them that today they're going to learn about counting.
- Show students the number cards and the objects they will use to count.
- Provide examples of counting to students.
- Practice counting to 10 in student home language (L1) if possible.
- Ask students to turn and talk to share ideas of things they could count in the classroom.