Math Mystery Bags
Need extra help for EL students? Try the One More Please! pre-lesson.
Students will be able to compare sets to explain patterns of one more.
- Introduce the lesson by displaying the number line to the class.
- Ask the students if they know where to start when counting on the number line in order (starting with 0), then have them count from 0-20 along with you.
- Say, "Right! When we count using a number line in order, we start at one end (point to 0) and move one number at a time to the other end."
- Explain that today students will practice counting one more to compare groups of items.
- Allow students to count in their home language (L1).
- Have students chorally count with you.
- Provide additional examples of numbers being shown in order from 0-20.