Mindfulness: Mindful Movement
Students will be able to practice moving mindfully. Students will be able to explore the relationship between mindful walking and stillness.
- Ask students to think about the word mindful, and share what it means to them. If needed, guide with the following: "Mindful means to pay attention to what is happening right now, in the moment."
- Ask: "If mindful means paying attention to what is happening right now, what do you think mindful walking means?"
- Have students share ideas about mindful walking.
- Ask: "What is it called when you stop walking and stay in one place?"
- Have students share their ideas, and then introduce the word stillness, if it has not been shared.
- Explain that today you will explore the relationship between mindful walking and stillness.