Mixed Up Fairy Tales
Students will be able to create and act out an original fairy tale.
- Distribute copies of the Boy Who Cried Wolf, Frog Prince, and Princess and the Pea printouts. Every student should get at least one printout.
- Give students about 10 minutes to read through the stories.
- Explain that all the stories they read are fairy tales, which are famous stories that usually include imaginary creatures and magical events.
- Tell the students that they're going to put their creativity to the test today with fairy tales.
- Explain that they'll be getting into groups of four, blindly selecting only five of the 15 puppets, and creating a script from only those selected puppets.
- After they create their scripts, they will need to rehearse. They will perform their scripts in front of the class once they finish rehearsing.