Multiplying by Multiples of 10
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Strategies for Multiplying by Multiples of 10 pre-lesson.
Student will be able to multiply a one-digit number by a multiple of ten.
- Tell students that today, they will be learning how to multiply any one-digit number by a multiple of ten.
- Ask students to skip count by 10 to 100 together.
- Explain that your class will be focusing on two-digit multiples of ten for this lesson: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90.
- Allow students to skip count in their home language (L1) or new language (L2).
- Provide a student-friendly definition and an example for key terms, such as: multiple, one-digit number, multiply, two-digit number, factor, product.