Musical Numbers to 100
Need extra help for EL students? Try the How High Can You Count? pre-lesson.
Students will be able to count numbers beyond 20.
- Gather the class together for a read-aloud.
- Ask students if they know how many 100 is and allow for a few ideas.
- Read aloud the text of Centipede's One Hundred Shoes to the class.
- Prior to the start of the lesson, preview the read-aloud with students to familiarize them with the text.
- Have students give a thumbs up or thumbs down to share if they know how many 100 is.
- Ask students to turn and talk to share ideas with a partner.