Name that Number Bingo!
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Hunting for Numbers pre-lesson.
Students will be able to count and identifying numbers from zero to 20.
- Display a number line from zero to 20.
- Point to the numbers between 10 and 20 and tell students that these are known as the teen numbers.
- Ask students if they have ever played Bingo, and how they know if they have won. Acknowledge that the winner of the game will have a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row on their Bingo board.
- Have students show you a vertical, horizontal and diagonal line with their arms.
- Review numbers 1-10 by having students echo count after you.
- Model how to play bingo and introduce it to the class as a new game.
- Practice counting chorally to review numbers 1-10.
- Have students turn and talk to share their experience with bingo.