Students will be able to reproduce and extend a pattern using various objects.
- Have students come together as a group.
- To motivate the students, begin by saying that "Today, we will be learning about patterns. Look around the room. Can anyone identify a pattern?"
- If no one knows what a pattern is, then make a simple pattern on the whiteboard, e.g. circle, triangle, circle, triangle, circle, triangle.
- Alternate differently colored markers to make the pattern more easily identifiable.
- Inform the students that this is a pattern of circles and triangles.