Need extra help for EL students? Try the Making Shapes pre-lesson.
Students will be able to identify different shapes based on their attributes of sides and angles.
- Gather your students in a group, and read a book about shapes.
- Tell your students that they will be looking at the number of sides and angles in each shape.
- Preview the read aloud text in student home language (L1).
- Provide visual vocabulary cards for each shape.
- Pause during the read-aloud to highlight the shapes in the text.