Sequencing: Order in the Court!
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Understanding Sequence pre-lesson.
Students will be able to identify the correct sequence of events in a story.
- Give students sentence strips from The Little Red Hen.
Instruct the students to pay attention to the story sequence as you read the story.
- Separate students into groups and have them put the story sentence strips in order after you complete reading the story. Ask a group to share their sequence and correct any misconceptions.
- Tell students that they just sequenced a story, or put it in the correct order.
- Pair ELs in high-low groups to read the sentence strips together.
- Preteach key terms in the sentence strips ad provide both home language (L1) and new language (L2) meanings with visuals.
- Intermediate: Provide key sequence words in the sentence strips to allow them to find the order with the signal words.