Shapes for Kindergarten!
Need extra help for EL students? Try the All About Rectangles pre-lesson.
Students will be able to identify circles, squares, triangles, and rectangles.
- Gather the students where they can watch the music videos.
- Watch Shapes Song and Preschool Shapes song on the interactive whiteboard.
- After watching the videos, ask the students which shapes they noticed.
- Tell students that today they will be learning about shapes with a fun game and some coloring.
- Display a variety of real-world objects that show different kinds of shapes.
- Name the shapes and have students repeat the shape names back to you.
- Point out real-world shapes in the classroom. Ask students to think about places they have seen shapes.