Simple Addition to 10
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Counting Dots pre-lesson.
Students will be able to practice simple addition.
- Ask students to find various items around the room. For instance, call on a student to find one toy. Then, call on another student to find two chairs.
- After you have about 10 items, ask students how many items they have all together.
- Inform the students that they just practiced simple addition!
- Use echo counting to help students find the total number of items.
- Allow students to count in their home language (L1) as needed.
- Ask students for ideas of how to find the total number of items.