Need extra help for EL students? Try the One of These Things pre-lesson.
Students will be able to identify and create different basic shapes.
- Ask students, "Do you know anything about shapes?"
- Bring out the flash cards and show them the shape side of each card asking, "Do you know what shape this is?"
- While showing them each flash card, say "This is a ___."
- Have students repeat the word after you say it.
- Review or pre-teach 2D shape names to students using visual, tactile aids.
- Provide students with 2D shapes to handle and explore during the initial questions.