Tell Me About It! Writing Opinion Essays
Students will be able to write short essays that include opinions and reasons that support them.
- Distribute copies of the In My Opinion: Writing Guide worksheet.
- Ask the students to help you develop a definition for the word opinion.
- Have them write down the definition on page 1 of the worksheet and complete the following prompts on pages 1 and 2 on their own.
- Have students take out paper and pencils. Each student will now use their planning from pages 1 and 2 to write a two-paragraph essay stating one of their opinions, with three supporting reasons.
- At the end of page 3, students will follow the prompt to write a conclusion for their essay.