The Smaller They Come
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Exploring Metric Units of Length pre-lesson.
Students will be able to use metric units of length.
- Watch Measuring to the nearest cm and mm by 2minutemath
- After watching the video, ask your students what they can measure in real life.
- Provide students with visuals of key takeaways from the video.
- Provide students with a table showing examples of centimeter to millimeter conversion, as shown in the video.
- Have students explain key points from the video in their home language with a small group of peers who speak the same language, if possible.
- Ask students to explain, using their own words, what the teacher in the video was showing.
- Provide students with an example from the video in centimeters and see if they are able to convert centimeters to millimeters, using what they learned from the video.