The Three Little Pigs Finger Puppets Play
Students will be able to identify story patterns.
- Tell students that today we're going to read a story called The Three Little Pigs.
- Ask students if they've heard or read this story before. If they have, ask them to not spoil the story for their peers who haven't.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher Modeling(15 minutes)
- Read the The Three Little Pigs on your computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard.
- Ask the students questions to test their reading comprehension throughout the reading.
- Ask your students if they can identify any story patterns.
Guided Practice/Interactive Modeling(45 minutes)
- Hand out The Three Little Pigs Finger Puppet Show worksheets.
- Have the students color and cut out the finger puppets by themselves.
- After the students have finished making the puppets, let the students work in partners or small groups to reenact the story in their groups. Have them take turns being different characters.
Independent Working Time(20 minutes)
- Ask students to draw and write in their journals about their favorite character in the story.
- Enrichment: Have advanced students work on The Three Little Pigs Story worksheet instead of making finger puppets. Additionally, have them write in their journals by themselves.
- Support: Help struggling students write short sentences in their journals.
- Ask the students to explain their journal entries to you individually or to the class.
Review and Closing(5 minutes)
- Ask your students to determine the moral of the story.