The Earth's Water Cycle
Students will be able to explain the water cycle.
- Gather your students somewhere where they can all see you.
- Tell your students that you are sad because a glass of water fell on your favorite shirt.
- Pull the wet shirt out of your bag and show it to them.
- Pretend to be upset about the shirt being ruined.
- Tell your students that you will have to throw it away.
- Give your students time to object, hopefully someone will suggest that the shirt will dry.
- Ask your students what it means for something to dry.
- Ask your students where the water goes when something is drying.
- Tell your students that they will be learning about where water goes in the water cycle.