Three-Digit Addition Strategies Review
Need extra help for EL students? Try the Comparing Strategies for Three-Digit Addition pre-lesson.
Students will be able to solve three-digit addition problems using various visual and written strategies.
- Ask students to think about which strategies they have used to solve addition problems. Call on a few volunteers to share out.
- Tell students that today they will review strategies to solve three-digit addition problems.
- Allow students to show you a strategy instead of telling you with words.
- Create an anchor chart with words and visuals that illustrates strategies that can be used to solve addition problems.
- Encourage students to think-pair-share an example strategy with an elbow partner.
- Have students explain what they will be doing today in their own words.