We've Got the Dirt!
Students will be able to identify and describe the different types of soil.
- Explain to students that today they will be learning about the different types of soil.
- Give each student a copy of the first page of the Types of Soil worksheet.
- Read aloud, or have volunteers read aloud, the worksheet, pausing after each type to discuss.
- On the board or a piece of chart paper, make a graph with 3 rows labeled 1, 2, and 3 and 3 columns labeled "Particle Size?", "Feels?", and "Dries?"
- Divide students into pairs or small groups.