Goldilocks and the Beginning, Middle, and End
- Students will be able to retell a narrative and identify the beginning, middle, and end of a story.
- Introduce students to the idea of narrative by defining it as a record of interconnected events, or a story.
- Ask your students to pay attention to what happens in the beginning, middle, and end of the story that they are about to hear since they will have to retell it later.
- Use familiar read-alouds to further define a narrative.
- Have students turn and talk to a partner in their home language (L1) or English to define narrative in their own words.
- Define the terms "beginning," "middle," and "end" with the class.
- Have students turn and talk to share the beginning, middle, and ending of one of the familiar read-alouds in your classroom.