What is Culture?
After the lesson, students will understand the basic components of culture.
- Gather the students together in a comfortable area.
- Explain to the students that today they will be exploring all the things that make them unique and special.
- Ask each student to share something that makes them special.
- Ask the students to think about students who shared similar answers. Ask the students to think about students who shared different answers.
- Explain to the students that everyone is different and that our differences make us unique and special.
- Ask the students to think about what the world would be like if everyone looked, spoke, and acted the in the same way.
- Encourage a few students to share their answers with the class.
- Show the students the Hello Song! video.
- Briefly discuss the video using prompting questions such as What are the children saying to each other? and Do the students all speak the same language?