Grade Level: 9th - 12th; Type: Programming/Website Design
Design a new or improved real estate website.
The goals of this project are::
- To design a more versatile real estate website
- To improve on an existing real estate website.
- How are real estate websites designed?
- What are today's top real estate websites?
Buying and selling real estate is coming back in style these days. However, most real estate websites lack certain useful features that would make the potential buyer's search more flexible, and the seller's listing more visible. This project invites you improve on existing real estate website designs.
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.)
- Read overview of relevant topics (see bibliography below)
- Address all of the terms and research questions mentioned here.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to your topic.
- Contact realtors and real estate websites for advice and further information.
- Design a modification to an existing real estate website. For example, you could create a nationwide “by-price” search feature that does not require the visitor to specify a location.
- Write your findings in a detailed report.
Include photos, diagrams and demonstrations in your science fair display.
Terms/Concepts: Commercial Real Estate; Realtor; Residential Real Estate
Disclaimer and Safety Precautions
Education.com provides the Science Fair Project Ideas for informational
purposes only. Education.com does not make any guarantee or representation
regarding the Science Fair Project Ideas and is not responsible or liable for
any loss or damage, directly or indirectly, caused by your use of such
information. By accessing the Science Fair Project Ideas, you waive and
renounce any claims against Education.com that arise thereof. In addition, your
access to Education.com's website and Science Fair Project Ideas is covered by
on Education.com's liability.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all
individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea
should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental
or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all
materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For
further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.