How Do You Remember?
Grade Level: 9th - 12th; Type: Neuroscience
- Memory questionnaire/inventory packet
- Five tape recorders
- What is memory?
- What is short term memory?
- What is long term memory?
- What triggers memories?
- Where are memories stored?
- How are memories retrieved?
- What are some strategies to retrieve memories?
- Does memory decline or improve with age?
- What does research tell us about the impact of emotions on the retention of memories?
On the informational level, the student will acquire basic information on how the human brain turns information into memory. The student will conduct research on memory, including how we store and retrieve memories, the difference between short term and in long term memory, the stages of memory retention, some strategies for remembering, and what current research tells us about the nature of remembering.
Warning is hereby given that not all Project Ideas are appropriate for all individuals or in all circumstances. Implementation of any Science Project Idea should be undertaken only in appropriate settings and with appropriate parental or other supervision. Reading and following the safety precautions of all materials used in a project is the sole responsibility of each individual. For further information, consult your state's handbook of Science Safety.