This fragrant drawer sachet keeps clothes smelling sweet and makes for the perfect gift. It is made from scraps of fabric and netting and you only need a handful of potpourri or lavender to fill it. Cut out the star shapes using zigzag scissors to stop the edge of the fabrics from fraying. A star-shaped button makes a delightful finishing touch.
What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- Thin card
- Black felt-tip pen
- Zigzag scissors
- Fabric in a color of your choice
- Netting in a color of your choice
- Handful of potpourri or dried lavender
- Star-shaped button
What You Do:
- Trace a 5-inch star shape, then transfer the design onto the thin card. Cut out the star and draw around it in black felt-tip pen on the fabric and netting. Cut out both stars with the zigzag scissors.
- Run a line of glue around the outer edge of the fabric star, leaving the top edge free from glue. Press the net star on top. Hold in place while drying.
- Pour the potpourri or lavender into the sachet through the hole in the top of the star.
- Run another line of glue around the top of the fabric star. Press the netting onto it firmly to close the sachet and prevent its contents from escaping. Finally, glue the star-shaped button to the front of the sachet. Set aside to dry.
Heart and flower sachets
Cut out the fabric and netting in the shape of a heart of flower, then finish with a button matching the color or shape of the sachet.
- Fill the sachet over a sheet of paper, then you can tip any spilled lavender or potpourri mix back into its container.
- Don't worry if you can't find a button that's star-shaped; just go for one in a color that matches.
- Refresh potpourri with 1-2 drops of essential oil of lavender every few months if the scent fades. (Have an adult on hand to prevent too many drops of oil spilling out.)