Plant an Indoor Sponge Garden
Gardening is a great way for kids to get their hands dirty and learn about nature, but in most of the country it's impossible to do year-round. When the wind starts howling, help your child plant a sponge garden in the comfort of your warm and dry kitchen.
What You Need:
- New, clean sponge, any color
- Small plate
- Grass seeds
- Clear plastic wrap
What You Do:
- Soak the sponge in water and wring out until damp. Place on plate.
- Sprinkle with grass seeds.
- Sprinkle with water.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set plate in sunny spot.
- Sprinkle with water as needed to keep sponge only slightly damp.
In about two weeks, you should have the world's smallest lawn – no mowing required!
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.