Start Father's Day off on the right foot by baking Dad a batch of scrumptious muffins! This simple recipe is easy enough for even the youngest cooks to bake, and it's full of fruit, fiber, and heart-healthy oat bran to boot…a win-win situation! Your child is sure to discover that healthy baked goods can taste delicious AND be nutritious, and she'll feel the pride of accomplishment as she serves Dad freshly baked homemade muffins hot from the oven. Yum!
What You Need:
- 2 ½ cups oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely diced or shredded
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Help your child combine the oat bran, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, honey, oil, and yogurt together until blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and have her stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Help her gently stir the diced apple into the mixture.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and spoon the mixture into the pan so that each cup has about the same amount.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Use a table knife to loosen the muffins from the pan. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.