Final Count Down
Your child will subtract his way down to zero to win this fun math game! Using a pair of dice, players start at 99 and each time they roll, they get to subtract the number on the dice. Whoever gets down or past 0 first wins! Try to roll big numbers to speed up the game!
What You Need:
- Scratch paper, 1 sheet per player
- Pencils, 1 per player
- 2 Dice
- 1 Sheet of paper for score keeping
What You Do:
- Ask each player to write the number "99" at the top of their scratch paper.
- Have the first player roll both dice, and add them together to find the sum. Then, have them subtract the sum from their starting number of 99. After figuring out their result, they record the number remaining on their scratch paper. For example: if they roll a 4 and 5, 4 + 5 = 9, 99 - 9 = 90. They would write 90.)
- Have each player take a turn rolling the dice and computing their results.
- The first player to get to zero wins!
Variation: To make the game more challenging, use three dice.