DIY Photo Holder
Looking for a fun way to display photos of your kids? Give objects from the recycling bin a second life by turning them into a creative photo holder. All you need is a paper cup, cardboard tube, and a few art supplies to get started.
What You Need:
- Solid color paper party cup, 8 or 9 oz
- Cardboard wrapping paper tube, cut into a 6” section
- Sponge paint brush
- Plastic beads or jewels
- Photo of child
What You Do:
- Turn the cup upside down and cut a hole in the bottom large enough for the cardboard tube to fit through. Insert the tube through the hole. It should stick out above the bottom of the cup by 1-2 inches.
- Cut 1" slits in the top of the tube on either side.
- Help your child paint the cup and tube with paint using the sponge paint brush. Let dry.
- After the paint dries, encourage her to decorate the painted cup and tube with plastic beads or jewels.
- Slide the photo into the slits in the tube. The photo should stand upright.
For a festive holiday photo holder, use foil shapes or gold and silver colored buttons in place of the plastic jewels or metallic paint.