What could be more fun than playing with food? Let your child explore the concept of sculpture by using marshmallows and pretzel sticks to form an edible sculpture! He can learn more about balance, movement, and composition – and then eat his finished artwork!
What You Need:
- Pretzel sticks
- Large marshmallows
- Small marshmallows
What You Do:
- Invite your child to gather the ingredients for making his edible sculpture and begin experimenting by pressing the pretzels into the marshmallows and balancing them so they don’t topple over.
- Now he can brainstorm ideas for his sculpture. He can create a random collection of freestanding lines and shapes or form a recognizable shape, such as a person or animal.
- Encourage him to start a base for his sculpture that balances and will hold/support the rest of the edible sculpture.
- Now he can begin building up from the base of the sculpture adding more pretzels and marshmallows as he goes!
- When he’s satisfied with his finished creation, snap a quick picture so he can remember what his edible sculpture looked like. Then he can eat his sculpture, savoring the taste of his unique creation!