It's a shame to throw away those empty fruit peels; they're both pretty and fragrant. So don't toss them in the trash anymore—show your kid how to embrace his "green" side by reusing citrus peels in a delicious, unique way. These natural serving dishes are a great way to add a crafty element to snack time!
What You Need:
- Oranges (or lemons and limes)
- Ice cream or sorbet
- Ice cream scoop
- Serving tray
What You Do:
- Take an orange (or other citrus fruit) and carefully cut it in half.
- Help your child scoop out the contents and eat them up as a snack, but be careful to keep each semi-circle half of the peel intact.
- Next, get a large scoop of your child's favorite flavor of ice cream or sorbet, and fill the citrus peel halves with yummy ice cream!
- Finally, have him set the creations in the freezer until they're ready to be served.
- Now it's time to enjoy your creations! Invite guests to eat up their sweet treat straight out of the decorative, homemade bowls. Just be sure not to eat the peels!