Looking for a tricky treat that won’t rot your teeth? Make some spooky ghost toast for all your little ghosts and goblins this Halloween! The British love cutting their toast soldiers into sticks, but this recipe puts a spooky spin on things, by turning your morning toast into pale, howling ghosts. The addition of coconut makes it a mildly sweet dish that reminds us of French toast!
What You Need:
- Slices of bread
- Ghost cookie cutter (optional)
- Sweetened coconut shavings
What You Do:
- Lightly toast a few slices of bread.
- Using a ghost shaped cookie cutter or a knife, help your child cut the toasts into a with a round top and flat base.
- Have your child use the end of a straw to poke two round eyes into the ghost.
- Use the round edge of the straw to punch a slightly larger circle below the eyes for the ghost’s open mouth.
- Spread butter on the toast and sprinkle coconut shavings on top for a ghostly pallor.
For a really festive breakfast, arrange the ghosts on a Halloween plate and serve them with some monster mouths!