Juice Box Police Radio
It's always fun to recycle household items into a toy that will inspire pretend play. Here is a quick and easy way to turn a used juice box into a police radio complete with antenna and buttons. Your child will have hours of fun and adventure with his police radio and imagination!
What You Need:
- Used juice box that is completely empty
- Dark-colored construction paper
- Light-colored construction paper
- Large straw
What You Do:
- Using tape, wrap the juice box with the dark construction paper just like a gift. Be sure to make note of where the straw enters the juice box; you'll be using it again.
- Have your child cut some light-colored construction paper into circles and squares that will go on the radio.
- Glue these shapes to the box to make buttons.
- Draw numbers on the circles, like a volume or channel dial, and be creative!
- Poke the straw through the paper and into the juice box.
- Secure the straw with a small piece of tape.
Here are some common “10” codes used by police. Your child will love the opportunity to speak just like a police officer!
10-4 Acknowledged or “yes”
10-7 Out of service
10-8 In service
10-21 Telephone call