Make a painting by shaking! This kinetic method of painting is a great way to add a little twist to the typical painting project. Grab some marbles and get ready to shake a bright, beautiful painting into existence!
What You Need:
- Tempera paint
- Disposable plate
- Large cylindrical container with lid
- White paper
- Disposable spoons
What You Do:
- Cover your work table with newspaper to prevent paint from getting on your furniture.
- Help your child cut pieces of paper that will fit into the can.
- Have him roll a piece of paper and put it into the can, leaving the lid off.
- Pour a small amount of a few different colors of tempera paint onto the plate.
- Encourage him to dip a marble into one of the paint colors. Use the spoon to pick up the paint-covered marble and carefully drop it into the can.
- Repeat this for each color of paint he would like to use on his painting.
- Secure the lid on the container.
- Shake! Shake! Shake! When he feels like the painting is done, carefully remove the painting and set it aside to dry.
Once he's finished his painting, ask him if the painting looks different than what he though it would look like. Have him experiment with different colors and different amounts of marbles to create more marble art!