Looking for a Halloween recipe that will scare you stiff? These bite-sized pizza mummies are sure to satisfy your monster appetite. This is a great excuse for children to play with food while learning how to wrap their mummies in cheese and watch them melt into bandages.
What You Need:
- English muffins
- Pizza sauce
- String cheese
- Pimento-stuffed olives
- Red bell pepper
What You Do:
- Split an English muffin into two and spread pizza sauce evenly over both halves.
- Peel apart the string cheese into long cheese strips, which will look like bandages for the mummy.
- If you use stuffed green olives, cut one in half and place both halves where you want the eyes to go.
- Carefully wrap your mummy in crisscrossed string cheese bandages.
- Toast the mummy heads until the cheese melts. You’ll want to keep an eye on them because it happens super fast! If the mummy melts too much, the detail of the bandages will disappear.
- Take the pizza mummies out of the toaster and enjoy while warm!
Helpful Hint: If you are baking them in an oven, place the mummy on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for two minutes.