Does your child have a four-legged best friend who's loyal until the end? Now he can make one out of recycled objects around the house, in this fun indoor craft that exercises his creative side! Personalize it with a special collar or spots to set it apart. This cute hound is soft and cuddly, and totally house-trained.
What You Do:
- Have your child cut off the leg of one pantyhose.
- Stuff the pantyhose leg with polyfill fiber until it becomes the perfect size for his puppy, and then tie off the hose.
- Trim off the puppy's tail until it's the length your child wants.
- Cut out a round nose and oval ears from felt and glue these on the puppy's face. You can also cut out eyes, or use googly eyes and glue them on. Draw on a mouth underneath the nose with a black marker.
- Now your child can decorate the puppy'd body with spots, or fashion a pretty ribbon around the dog's neck for collar, complete with a bell.
This puppy makes a great prop for pretend play!
Tania K. Cowling is a former early childhood teacher and author of teacher resource books. Her Together Time crafts have been featured in print magazines and on the Internet.