Your child will brighten up everyone's day with this circular rainbow plate. Concentric circles of the rainbow fill the plate and paper shamrocks are collaged on top of the hand-painted rainbow to celebrate spring or St. Patrick's Day.
What You Need:
- Paper plate
- Tempera paint
- Green construction paper
What You Do:
- Have your child paint the rainbow in concentric circles, starting with red paint on the outer edge and working towards violet for the innermost circle, or center, of the plate.
- While the plate is drying, have her draw a shamrock on a sheet of green construction paper. It should be as tall as the width of the rim of the paper plate.
- She can cut out the shamrock she drew and trace it 7-9 more times. Cut each of these traced shamrocks out.
- Have her arrange the shamrocks in a circle on the plate.
- To finish the project, have her glue the shamrocks in place.
Helpful Tip: If she wants to hang her Rainbow Plate, cut a loop of string and tape it to the back of the plate. Then it's ready to hang on a cabinet or door knob!