What could toothpaste have to do with a winter-themed project? Find out with inventive craft that turns a simple sheet of black construction paper into a snow-speckled wonderland.
What You Need:
- Black construction paper
- White paper
- White toothpaste (or white paint)
- Toothbrush (or regular brush)
- Small bowl
- Glue stick
What You Do:
- Have your child mix toothpaste and water in a small bowl.
- Let her dip her toothbrush in the paste mixture before using it to swipe gently rolling hills on the bottom of her black piece of construction paper.
- Help her use scissors to cut out triangles and a crescent shape from white paper. The triangles will be her snow-covered trees and the cresent will be her moon.
- Have her paste these shapes on the black construction paper.
- Let her once again dip her toothbrush into the paste mixture.
- This time, show her how to use her finger to flick the toothbrush bristles over the black construction paper. The flicked toothpaste mixture will sprinkle on her winter scene, creating the speckled look of falling snow.
Washington Virtual Academies
Tuition-free online school for Washington students.