Why buy gift tags when you and your child can design your own? In this activity, you can bond with your child while creating something fun and useful. All you need is some colorful paper, ribbon, glue and a hole punch to make a cute gift tag!
What You Need:
- Colored paper (white, blue)
- Thin ribbon
- White glue
- A hole punch
What You Do:
- Help your child measure and cut the blue construction paper into rectangles about the size of a playing card.
- He should use the hole punch to cut out about 20 dots from the white paper. The white dots will be the snow, so you may need more white dots later depending on your design.
- Take one of the blue rectangles (it will be the base of your gift tag) and arrange the white dots to make a mini-snowman or a winter scene. Gluing the dots in three round bundles makes the perfect snowman or you can spot the blue paper randomly with the white dots to make it seems as if snowflakes are falling on your tag. By overlapping white dots along one edge of the tag you can make snowy ground. Be creative!
- Use the markers to add details to your scene. For example, if your snowman needs arms you can draw them on with brown marker.
- After your design is done, make a final hole in the corner of your gift tag and thread it with ribbon that you can use to attach it to a present. Make sure you write “To:” and “From:” on the tag so your recipient knows who to thank for this adorable adornment!