Make a Tissue Box Thanksgiving Turkey Activity
Make this turkey craft with your young child to get into the Thanksgiving spirit! Using a few household items, such as an old tissue box, a toilet tissue tube, and construction paper, your child will make an adorable turkey craft that can serve as a special Thanksgiving decoration or a cute centerpiece for the dinner table.
What You Need:
- Cube-shaped tissue box
- Toilet tissue tube
- Construction paper
- Small square of felt
- Craft knife (adults only!)
- Craft sticks
- Dried or artificial flowers
What You Do:
- Cover a tissue box and a toilet tissue tube with brown construction paper and tape or glue into place. Cut out the hole in the tissue box where tissues normally pop out.
- Turn the box, so the opening is on top. Tape the tube onto one side of the box with the tube extending above the top edge of the box for the turkey's neck and head.
- Cut out the eyes, and a wattle from construction paper. Fold the square of felt in half. Glue all the features into place.
- Cut out feathers from colored construction paper and tape each feather onto a craft stick. Away from your child, use a craft knife to cut slits into the side of the box, opposite the head. Then, with your child's help, place the craft stick feathers into the slits to form a colorful tail.
- Place dried (or artificial) flowers into the hole in the tissue box-body. Put your creation on the table and you've got a great centerpiece for Thanksgiving!