People say all the time that building a computer is easy to do. Just a few simple parts that fit together, they say. Despite this, few people actually know how to build one. In this project you will design and build your own computer.
How does a computer work, and how are all the parts fitted together to create a working piece of electronics?
- Computer with Internet access
- Color printer
- Digital camera
- Typical office/hobby/hardware/craft supplies (paper, poster board, glue, etc.).
- Computer parts (see links below
- Read overview of relevant topics (see bibliography below and terms listed above
- Address all of the above terms and research questions.
- Search and print out interesting images relevant to your topic.
- Take photographs throughout the course of the experiment.
- Following the instructions provided in the links below, build a simple computer.
- Design a new or improved feature for your computer.
- Include interesting photos, diagrams and models in your science fair display.
- http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/build-a-computer.htm (Instructions and a list of hardware components)
- http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer (Step-by-Step instructions for building a computer)
- http://www.monkeysee.com/play/10463-how-to-build-a-computer (Instructional computer building video)
- Internet searches of your choosing. Search words or terms listed here, or make up your own phrases. Click on any results you find interesting. Have fun surfing the net!