What You Need:
- Aluminum roasting pans or pie pans
- Small piece of cardboard
- Wire or paper clips
- Permanent markers in black and bright colors
What You Do:
- Draw a traditional shape, such as a sun, animal, or flower, or make one of your choosing onto the aluminum.
- Cut out the design with your scissors.
- Place the aluminum on the cardboard for padding. Using a nail, make some impressions in the soft metal in the decorative pattern of your choice.
- Add color to your patterns with the permanent markers.
- With the nail, poke a hole into the top of your piece and bend your wire or paper clip through so that you can hang your artwork up. Place it somewhere where the light hits it, such as a kitchen window. These make great Christmas tree decorations or ornamentation for any day!
Did You Know?
In 1519, when the Spanish invaded Mexico, they took much of the valuable gold so that the metalworkers had to improvise by using tin. Since that time, because it is inexpensive and easy to work with they have continued to make many beautiful crafts out of it.